Media Center Catalog
Please note that when searching on the Author field, you'll have best results if you use Last, First, or simply search on the last name only.
Resource Catalog Search Results
1 resource found and displayed.
DVD (GRAKIM) Grandparenthood: More Than Rocking Chairs
||Kimmel, Dr. Tim & Darcy
Family Matters, 2004
||PFA — Parenting & Famiily
||Family Life; Parenting
||Grandparenthood is a second chance to do whatever the busyness and demands of parenthood kept you from doing. It is living part of the dream of parenthood that real life, diapers, soccer practice, dance lessons, and waiting up for teenagers prevented you from doing. Grandparenthood allows you to play a key role in writing the history of a generation that you will some day leave in charge.
Participants will learn how to -
* Pass on a sense of blessing to each of your grandchildren.
* Be a guide for the generations that follow you.
* Set a clear standard for your grandchildren to emulate.
* Help your grandchildren should their parents go through a divorce or difficult times.
* Respond graciously if your grandchildren move in with you.
* Be an effective grandparent to step-grandchildren.
* "Spoil" your grandchildren in a positive way.
* Avoid crossing the fine line between intervening and interfering.
* Process the inevitable conflicts that go with grandparenting.
* Grow even closer to your grandchildren as they grow older.
* Leave a legacy that will go on forever.
Grandparenthood: More Than Rocking Chairs is an eight lesson curriculum taught by Dr. Tim and Darcy Kimmel. A facilitator's guide is included along with a sample participant's workbook. You may order participant workbooks for your group to use with the study from 1-800-467-4596 or from www.grandparenthood.org/
Data updated 1/4/2018 8:58:13 AM.